Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas preparation

As I joyfully hung up Christmas lights and ornaments on our tree, I stepped back and was pleased with how festive our house seemed. But then I wondered how full of "Christmas" our house was. Our home seemed packed full of wonderful decorations, and my stomach was full of Christmas cookies, but how was my family coming to a deeper appreciation of being filled with peace, joy, love, and hope that comes from trusting in Christ and growing in Him? Sure the Christmas eve sermon was finished, but how was my church growing in Christ? Our neighbors could see our tree from the street, but how was I showing them the beauty of the best gift of all: the Savior Jesus Christ?

This Christmas, as we listen to ANOTHER version of Jingle Bells and eat even more Christmas cookies than last year, let's focus on the birth of our Savior and proclaim His second coming!

No comments: